18.5 x 25 inches
I did a very simple straight-line quilting job on it, and used some soft, sweet baby flannel on the back.
I've gotten more baskets done since I got home from my class with Gwen. Still have at least another 4 to do, then I need to figure out what I want to do with them. I'm not sure which part of that will be more fun. *grin*
As I promised in my last post, here are my goodies I got at the Quilted Strait in Port Gamble. An 8 inch square frame for some needlework I did, a purple with cats fat quarter (by Laurel Burch), some great labels fabric and some cute fabric to trim kitchen towels with.
Look at the cute selvage on the flower fabric! It's ladybugs!
Here are two fat quarters that I received from the owner of the Quilted Strait. These are the new made-in-America solids. She gave everyone in the class two fat quarters, as she had just gotten the fabrics in stock. They seem very nice, from what I can tell without undoing the cool folding job.
A few weeks ago, I taught some of the ladies in my guild how to do Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Trips pattern. The class was very successful - everyone got at least one block done and they all looked great! But, it involved starting a new quilt! I decided to use some of my polka dot fabrics. Wow, I had a lot more than I had realized! So, these were some samples to show the various layouts you can do. Since I have a LOT of dots, I'm not sure how big this quilt will be. As big as it needs to be to include as many dots as possible, I guess. *laughs*
A few weeks ago, I found these blocks. Can you guess what decade they're from??* My friends in my very first quilting bee made these blocks for me. Since I was the baby of the group, most of these ladies have now passed away. I don't really care much for these colors anymore, but I do care that my friends made these for me. I decided to keep them and see what I could do with them. But I think they're kind of boring. *yawn*
So, I tossed them up on the design wall to see what I could do.
So, I've made 3 more blocks to bring the count up to 12. And I tried to incorporate a little more contrast in the blocks I've made. I know the block in the bottom left is a "humility" block. I "fixed" that boo-boo THREE times, and it's still wrong, so it's staying! Even though it bugs me. Resisting. . . .
Now, I'm trying to decide what I want to do next. These are 14 inch blocks, so I don't want to add much more size to this. The Thinking Cap has gone on and I'm cogitating now. Hopefully something will occur to me soon! I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but I don't have many fabrics in these dusty blue colors anymore, and I want to up the contrast on the whole thing as well. I'd like to have this one done for the quilt show in October, so I know I can't dawdle too long. And I also don't want this to be boring and predictable. So, that's the challenge I've given myself. *gulp* I hope that's not biting off more than I can chew. I'll be keeping you posted as I hopefully make progress.
* These are the dusty blues from the 1980's. Waaay out of style and favor!